Thursday, March 26, 2009

San Clemente Whole Foods Market

So what started out as me verbalizing, "..hey, you know what this town needs, a whole foods, organic market," has turned into my grassroots’ movement to start a whole food cooperative market.

Interestingly, I’m finding many other people believing the same thing, so now my wife is a "co-op widow," (as she puts it). I have never been the founder of anything like this before, so it’s a little overwhelming at times. So too, the fact that we are in Republican Orange County and I am talking about a cooperative market.... Currently most people envision a bunch of hippies dividing up cheese. I'm going to have to re-educate the community. Therefore, let it be said, it will be a physical market, as well as a "California Corporation.” In techie talk, what was Co-op 1.0, is now Co-op 2.0.

Fortunately, passion for the project quells any doubts. Viva:
  • Organic produce
  • Natural, free-range, grass-fed meats
  • Locally produced food
  • Bulk raw foods
  • Sustainable farming
  • Fair Trade products
  • Community giving

Wish me luck!

Sam

No comments: